Tuesday 19 March 2013

Lunch

Which female ancestor would I have lunch with, what would I have and where?

Can I say "all of them"? One at a time I'd start with my grandmothers, then their mothers and mothers-in-law, and their sisters, and so on.

I would let each one choose their favourite dishes and where we would eat, because I think it would be really interesting to see their choices and share their favourites.

There are so many questions I have, things I didn't know to ask, or didn't know how to ask, when my grandmothers were alive, and so many questions that have arisen with them and all the others since I started seriously looking into the family. What a great opportunity that would be.

And above all, how wonderful it would be to know them all as people and to hear their words in their voices.

No comments:

Post a Comment