Monday 25 March 2013

Surprise!

A surprising fact about a female ancestor.

This was quite hard. But I suppose it comes down to finding that Anne Groves Leonard had married for a third time. When I found her son, Benjamin's funeral notice in the Sydney Morning Herald that finally cracked what had happened to Anne, as I had been unable to find a death notice (well, der, check marriages at NSW BDM).


I hadn't expected Anne to remarry at the age of 57 and I was quite excited to be continuing on her trail. I wanted to find out about her husband, James Leake, and his family as well, and I have taken that a little way - looking up his first wife and children on NSW BDM and checking the newspapers on Trove. But the mess he made of Anne's death certificate has made me a bit cranky with him at the moment. I'll get over it and get back to it at some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment